Looking to make a striking statement with your lab grown diamond jewelry? From dazzling diamond choker necklaces to elegant gold pieces, these accessories are sure to captivate. Explore the world of chokers as we guide you through their history, types, styling tips, and more!
Table of Contents:
- What Is a Choker Necklace?
- The History of Choker Necklaces
- Different Types of Choker Necklaces
- Tips on Choosing a Choker
- How to Style Choker Necklaces
- Top Do’s and Don’ts to Wearing Choker Necklaces
- How to Measure Your Neck for a Choker Necklace
- Are choker necklaces in style?
- When can I wear my choker necklace?
- Can everyone wear a choker necklace?
- How long should my choker necklace be?
- Shop Related Products
What Is a Choker Necklace?
As the name suggests, choker necklaces are type of necklaces that are very near or on the neck. While they are not literally choking you, these bold chokers leave little room between the necklaces and your neck. Choker necklaces snugly embrace the neck, offering a bold yet refined look. While the styles and materials vary, their appeal remains timeless. From gold chains to velvet bands, chokers have made a mark throughout history, from ancient cultures to the rebellious spirit of the French revolution and the glamour of royalty.
The History of Choker Necklaces
With roots tracing back a thousand years, chokers have adorned necks across continents. From ancient Egypt to Mesopotamia, chokers signified both armor and status for women. The French revolution saw chokers symbolizing rebellion, while royals like Anne Boeyln and Queen Victoria showcased elaborate pearl strands.
Chokers have came in and out of fashion in the years since. Most recently, chokers became a staple of the 90s grunge scene. Typically made of dark fabric, adorned with pearls or dangling pendants, this decade marked a huge comeback for the style. In the past, chokers were often arranged in strings of pearls around the neck. Later on, chokers got thicker, and were embellished with rare precious stones and diamonds.
Chokers were definitely a hit in 2023, and will keep shining in 2024.
Different Types of Choker Necklaces
Explore diverse interpretations of choker style. Opt for a modern twist with a gold metal chain, or elevate your look with the sophistication of lab-grown diamond chokers for a glamorous night out. Pendant chokers, featuring dangling elements, offer a playful yet eye-catching statement.
Diamond chokers are a way to wear a choker in a more elevated way. The best part- some of them can be used for a special occasion when you want all eyes on you, and also look great with jean a T-shirt for your daily glam walk.
Tips on Choosing a Choker
With countless options, consider these tips:
- Match your choker with existing jewelry.
- Choose a simple band for short or wide necks, and a bold band for thin or long necks.
- Reflect your personal style in your choker choice.
How to Style Choker Necklaces
Less is often more with chokers. Wear one alone or pair it with a longer necklace for a captivating effect. Keep other jewelry understated to let the choker shine. Stacking necklaces in another very trendy way to wear choker necklaces. Just make sure that the pieces you choose to wear correspond with one another.
Top Do’s and Don’ts to Wearing Choker Necklaces
- Consider your neckline.
- Mix materials, colors, and textures.
- Pair with a long chain for a cascading effect.
- Experiment with different widths.
- When you buy diamond jewelry, always look for IGI, SGL or other reputable certification proof for online jewelry shops
- Tie or close too tightly.
- Overwhelm with bold earrings.
- Compromise comfort.
How to Measure Your Neck for a Choker Necklace
Use a flexible tape measurer and add 2 inches to your neck measurement for the ideal choker length.
- Are choker necklaces in style? Absolutely! Making a comeback from the ’90s, chokers are gaining traction in high fashion and everyday wear.
- When can I wear my choker necklace? Anytime, anywhere! The style versatility allows for grocery runs to glamorous evenings.
- Can everyone wear a choker necklace? While anyone can wear a choker, very young individuals might find longer necklaces more comfortable.
- How long should my choker necklace be? Ensure your choker rests gently or with a few inches of space for maximum comfort.
Shop Related Products
Explore our Collection: